Ceramic Coatings and Guarantee
Ceramic coatings are a clear, liquid nano-ceramic coating based on an aerospace technology, which, when cured, will chemically bond to the surface to become a rigid structure protecting the substrate it is applied to. The ceramic coating forms an exceptionally strong and durable shield, resistant to, acids, alkalies, UV rays, harsh weather and corrosion.
Why Apply Ceramic on Your Vehicle
- Good Investment, with the correct maintenance the coating will permanently protect the vehicles exterior and interior from deteriorating.
- Looking new all the time, once the coating is applied you will see ultimate gloss and colour depth. Properly maintained the vehicles finish will shine for many years to come.
- Less Maintenance, the slickness of the coated surface does not allow dirt, brake dust and tar to stick to your cars paint, wheels or glass. The coating is so slick and resistant to chemicals that contaminants can be removed with less aggressive and damaging wash methods. Washing the vehicle becomes less labour intensive and needed less frequently. Waxing is not needed at all!
How is This Possible?
- Preservation of original factory paint. Once cured, depending on which of my packages you select, the coating is measured to have a hardness above 9H. Normal clear coat has a hardness between 2H and 4H. The coating helps prevent minor scratches to your clear coat and acts as a sacrificial layer. Any scratches to the coating are easily removed without compromising the integrity of the original clear coat with light polishing.
- Glossy, slick and easy to clean. The nanotechnology used in my coatings allows the ceramic nanoparticles to fill the smallest pores in the paint making the coated surface shiny, smooth and extremely slick or hydrophobic. It dramatically lowers the surface tension preventing environmental contaminates such as bird droppings, bugs, dirt, tar and graffiti paint from bonding to the surface. Water easily removes dirt from the surface by encapsulating it into water beads that roll off the surface, this is called the self-cleaning effect.
I have upmost faith in my products and workmanship, this is why I have introduced an industry first guarantee on all my coatings, I have that much faith I extended this guarantee to past coatings on existing customers cars!
The my latest coating (The Kraken V2) has been installed on over 150 cars in 3 separate detailing studios (as of August 2021) and has never had a reported failure or underperformed.
The guarantee sets out that if the coating should fail due to poor preparation, workmanship or coating itself, I will rectify it for free.
Existing "guarantees" require you to contact the manufacturer should there be any issues who then refer you back to the detailer or installer, my guarantee cuts that out with simple terms and conditions which are not full of loopholes and will install trust in me and my craft.
Full terms and conditions can be seen below.
- The vehicle must not be polished or waxed in any way as this can damage or even remove the coating through abrasion. Customers must ensure any wash chemicals are suitable for the coating.
- The vehicle must not be washed by an automated car wash as this will damage all surface coatings.
- The vehicle must not be washed in an incorrect manner - this will be evident by wash marring, swirls and consistent scratches. Remember, most street side car washes wash in an incorrect manner and can damage the coating.
- Bird lime and bug splatter marring is not included as a failure in the coating. It is recommended that these are always washed off as quickly as possible, even on ceramic coated finishes.
- Alloy wheels, brake calipers, engine bays, exhaust tips and leather finishes are not included in any ceramic coating/sealant guarantee.
- The vehicle must have a protection detail carried out every 12 months to remove contaminants and ensure the coating is performing as it should be. It is entirely up to the customer to ensure the vehicle is booked in within timescales.
If you suspect your vehicle’s coating has failed then get in touch. A safe wash will be carried out and a paint assessment with you present. If there is evidence of the vehicle coating being damaged through conditions 1-4 above then the customer will be liable to pay for the detail of the car.
If coating failure is evident through lack of hydrophobic properties and gloss then the vehicle will be booked back in at a date and time to suit the customer and the coating re-applied.
Please note: one off scratches, stone chips, panel repairs and acts of vandalism will not affect the guarantee, with exception or repaired panels.